Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bright Days

This past Tuesday I spent the day with my precious granddaughter, Maggie. The day started with fun shopping in both of the plant/gift shops in downtown. The flowers were beautiful. Imagine this...I had my beautiful red-haired Maggie and a camera with me. She loves to pose and will take direction...tilt it to the left.

Later that day we planted a garden. Beans, radishes, and carrots. During the planting, Maggie put some dirt in a pot and while stirring it she announced that she was making soup. I realized that she was thinking the veggies were going to pop out of the ground at any moment. When the vegetable garden was finished, it was time to plant the pumpkin seeds. Jack-O-Lanterns and pumpkin pie for everyone in October!

These seeds may never come up. But if they don't, that's OK because we will get to do it all over again.

Some days are just brighter than others. And they aren't determined by the amount of sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a wonderful time.just like the White House Garden. oh,so,trendy! i bet bluebonnets are blanketing Texas this weekend.
    t

    ReplyDelete